We LOVE working with non-profit organizations and special causes. The Carolina Raptor Center is about fifteen minutes from our shop in Huntersville, North Carolina. Their mission is to help rehabilitate and care for birds that have experienced serious trauma. They also offer extensive educational programs and exhibits for the public.
Check out their website: carolinaraptorcenter.org
JOIN IN ON THE FUN!
Our own Sarah Carney will be leading a Craft-Along! The Craft-Along is open to all crafters, and it doesn't cost you anything to join in. It's EASY! Just pick a raptor-ish pattern and/or project idea, and come join us at Cheers To Ewe Yarn Shop on Saturday, February 19 from 2-3 PM for a gathering of Craft-Alongers! The Craft-Along will wrap up with a fun party at Quest at Latta Nature Preserve. All participants will be given vouchers for entry into the Raptor Center as a thank you from this great organization. PLEASE spread the word about Carolina Raptor Center by sharing your pictures during the Craft-Along on your social media accounts and tag @carolinaraptor (instagram).
- Saturday, February 19, 2022, 2-3 PM
- Location - Cheers To Ewe Yarn Shop, 9856 Gilead Road, Suite E-105, Huntersville, NC 28078
- Saturday, April 9, 2022, 2-4 PM
- Location - Quest at Latta Nature Preserve, 6345 Sample Road, Huntersville, NC 28078
NEED PROJECT IDEAS?
- Owl in the Thicket Hat Pattern, by Sarah Huntington Burch (Super cute DK weight cabled hat with owl motif)
- Kate Davies Designs (She has several REALLY sweet Owl patterns for adults and babies!)
- Owl Mini Storage Box by Tamara Nowack (Oh my gosh. What better way to cover a plastic Easter egg??)
- Owl Love Coffee Cozy by Kim Miller (Want to do a small project? This is cute and quick!)
Weavers and Spinners: Pick a favorite raptor and spin yarn in the colors of the raptor! Weavers do the same - pick yarn colors inspired by birds and weave something fun!
Have questions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org! Thanks for participating!
Share this post
- Tags: Craft Along