Magic Number Socks Knitting Class - Four Sessions - Sept. 7, 14, 21, 28, 2:00 - 4:00 pm
This product is currently sold out.
PLEASE NOTE: Classes are NON-REFUNDABLE unless cancelled by Cheers To Ewe! Discounts and/or sales are not applicable to class fees. Registered students receive 10% off materials for classes for which they are registered.
Class: Magic Number Socks Knitting Class
Instructor: Sandi Rosner
Dates: Sept. 7, 14, 21, 28, 2:00 - 4:00 pm
Prerequisites: Must be very comfortable with basic knitting skills including casting on, binding off, knitting, purling, and knitting in the round.
About this class: Socks are the perfect take-along project! In this class, you'll learn to make a basic pair of socks to fit any foot using the yarn of your choice.
The Magic Number Sock pattern is a formula developed by instructor Sandi Rosner. You put in your gauge and your foot measurements to produce a pattern for the socks you want to make.
In the process of making our socks, we'll learn about:
- stretchy cast-on methods
- double pointed needles vs. two circular needles vs. Magic Loop (you choose – the instructor is a needle agnostic)
- how to add interest to your socks with color and stitch patterns
Materials - Materials for class are available for purchase at Cheers To Ewe! and are not included in the price of this class. All materials purchased for classes are 10% off for students enrolled in the class.
- The yarn of your choice – from fingering to bulky weight. We recommend you choose a smooth texture and washable fiber.
- Needles 1 or 2 sizes smaller than you'd usually choose for working with your chosen yarn.
- Stitch markers
- Tape measure
- Calculator (the one on your phone is fine)
HOMEWORK: Make a gauge swatch no less than 5" square using your chosen yarn and needles. Stockinette stitch.
Please bring your notion bag to classes